The difference between the EU and ASEAN
- 1.There are differences in the establishment background. The establishment of the EU has been deeply promoted by internal and external reasons. Internally, the European powers hope to become the masters and leaders of Europe in the early stage, especially in the contradiction between Germany and France. Above, the First World and the Second World War are particularly prominent. The two world wars have made the whole of Europe in a state of war, and the economy has experienced a sharp decline. In order to avoid a large-scale war again and avoid the split of Europe, Europe hopes that Europe will The integration process was advanced; at that time, the world was divided into three levels, one was the superpower headed by the United States and the Soviet Union; the second was the second world, and the European countries were alone, unable to form a strong influence, and needed to unite to achieve European integration. Form a voice; finally the third world developing countries. Therefore, the establishment of the EU is jointly promoted by internal and external factors; the background of the establishment of ASEAN is relatively simple, mainly to promote synergistic promotion of regional political, economic and cultural synergy;
- 2.In a close sense, the EU is significantly stronger than ASEAN in terms of institutional setup and actual operations. For example, the EU has a unified parliamentary body, a European constitution, a unified financial system, a European central bank established, a unified currency, etc. Etc., including the European Union is also planning an EU independent military that is different from NATO. These are not available to ASEAN. Therefore, the ASEAN form is more important than the essence. The ASEAN members are far less closely related to the EU and have weaker regional influence.
- 3.In terms of religious beliefs, European beliefs are mainly concentrated in Catholicism and Christianity. Therefore, EU member states are more likely to reach an agreement on political and cultural exchanges, and religious disputes between Southeast Asian countries are likely to involve the state. The interests of each other. For the well-known reasons, a certain religion in Southeast Asian countries has been established as a state religion, and even a country with a combination of politics and religion is not a minority. In this respect, the conflicts facing ASEAN will be more and more complicated.
The tension between China, Japan and the ROK is due to:
- 1.to the fact that Japan does not assume historical attitudes and tensions the three countries.
- 2.The United States has a great influence on China, Japan and South Korea, including politics, economy, and diplomacy.
- 3.The economic structures of the three countries are similar. Competition is fierce.
- 4.Territorial disputes and sovereignty contradictions, disputes over Dokdo territory between Japan and South Korea, the Diaoyu Islands issue between China and Japan, the DPRK nuclear issue between China and South Korea, and Sadr, the radical demands of South Korean radical forces on the Northeast and the Yellow Sea, and There are American spoilers.
The status quo and future development of trilateral relations
On May 9, 2019, the seventh China-Japan-ROK Leaders' Meeting was held in Tokyo, Japan. The meeting expressed a common position on "the goal of denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" and the "China-Japan-Korea Free Trade Zone" and issued a joint declaration of the three countries. The meeting will regain the momentum of cooperation among the three countries, and regional countries are full of expectations for cooperation among the three countries.
As a "near neighbor" near the geography, China, Japan and Korea have broad common interests. According to statistics, Japan’s exports to China in 2017 were 132.86 billion U.S. dollars, accounting for 19% of Japan’s total exports. South Korea’s exports to China reached US$177.5 billion, making it China’s largest source of imports for five consecutive years. Improving the relations between China and Japan, China and South Korea, and further promoting the development of China-Japan-Korea economic relations is the general trend.
China, Japan and South Korea are both major trade and manufacturing countries. The total volume of economic and trade accounts for more than 20% of the global total. They face common challenges and share common interests in maintaining the free trade order and promoting the opening of the world economy.
By developing cooperation between the three countries, China, Japan and Korea can alleviate the impact of Trump’s “anti-globalization actions”. China's ‘One Belt, One Road’ initiative promotes China's multilateral trade cooperation.
Constructive comments on combating transnational crime and counter-terrorism activities
- 1.Strengthen regional cooperation and provide reasonable conditions for joint strikes by various countries: For example, the 14th ASEAN Regional Conference on Anti-Terrorism and Transnational Crime in Nanning, Guangxi, May 14-15, is a good way. Representatives from 17 member countries of the ASEAN Regional Forum and the ASEAN Secretariat and UNODC exchanged in-depth views on issues such as anti-terrorism, anti-drug, overseas pursuit, cybercrime, border management, and the ASEAN Regional Forum. The 2015-2016 Work Plan (Draft) on Combating Transnational Crime was discussed.
- 2.Strengthening the crackdown. When the space effectiveness of laws of various countries and the effectiveness of people are different, the major transnational criminal gangs should be severely punished.
- 3.A major transnational criminal group with diplomatic pardon protection must have a joint enforcement mechanism to avoid weak enforcement.
- 4.Strictly implement the extradition policy
- 5.Establish international networked files for transnational crimes such as cross-border money laundering and endangering national security, and make use of digital platforms, big data and other tools to build intelligent search networks.
- 6.Demonstrate and erect anti-terrorism awareness from the youth education stage, use the holiday to carry out anti-terrorism exercises and training courses, and as part of the extracurricular survival skills practice for students.
Future cooperation direction
- Attach importance to the China-Japan-Korea economic and trade zone, promote the economic development of the three countries;
- Strengthen economic and technological cooperation among the three countries, balance the economic development of the three countries;
- Strengthen the cooperation mechanism and regulations of the three countries;
- Strengthen intergovernmental political cooperation and enhance political mutual trust.
Written by 李姬思涵
Edit by 刘黎可